Mud?? What's mud??

Posted by lordspudz | Labels: , , , | Posted On Tuesday 29 September 2009 at 10:13

I've hired an earthmover, brought 2 ton of dynamite, enlisted the services of a top demolition team and, just in case, have a battalion of tanks on standby.

Why, I hear you ask?

All to enable me to dig to a depth of at least 2 inches without breaking my shovel, pick axe and any other tools I might have at hand!

Due to a long, hot, dry summer, my stubble fields have compacted to form a concrete-like layer of hard earth which is hell to get through. We've had hardly any rain to speak of for 2 or 3 months and the ground is beginning to resemble that of a desert. When you do manage to break through the crust, you come across dry earth to a depth of around 6 to 8 inches in places....which plays havoc on the back!

Friends I've spoken to are having the same problems and they are also finding that the dryness is affecting signals?? To what extent I don't know but everyone is moaning about it.

Personally, I'd like the rain to stay away, or at least fall during the night and just enough to moisten the earth without turning it into mud, but we are in need of some.

Not sure what the farmer will think when he sees me blasting craters in the middle of his fields...best wait until he's gone home for the day!  Then blame it on the rabbits  :-)

Comments:

There are 0 comments for Mud?? What's mud??

Post a Comment