Back from Somerset....

Posted by lordspudz | | Posted On Wednesday 28 October 2009 at 20:42

Back to the wilds of Norfolk after 2 glorious weeks enjoying the delights Somerset has to offer.  Particularly liked Glastonbury, Tyntesfield and Montacute houses and...........got to do some detecting!!!
Owners of cottage own the surrounding fields (of which there were many), and gave me permission to dig on any one I wanted.  As I only had a few afternoons free, I settled on one that had once held a medieval fair.
After 4 afternoons, the last of which I got caught in a heavy downpour and got soaked!! I came away with a bag full of assorted metallic objects; some buttons, 3 of which I'm certain are from the medieval period, an old buckle, a great looking lump that could be a furniture mount, a couple of harness mounts to name just a few.
The last time I looked some of my fields were being drilled and seeded.  Haven't been to look at them since but might get the chance over the weekend...hope I've some left to dig on.

Comments:

There are 0 comments for Back from Somerset....

Post a Comment